Obviously unemployment means I need to economise, which conveniently leads me to this skirt I found on sale at a local charity shop for 50p (OK I'm bending the truth a little bit, as I finished re-fashioning this skirt yonks ago but never blogged it, bad me!)
So here is what i did to the skirt -
Unpicked the zip & rescue waistband button
chopped several inches off the top and bottom of the skirt
sew up old centre back zip opening & unpick side seam
insert zip in newly unpicked side seam (I hate centre back zips on skirts)
create new waistband facing from cut off fabric
add hook & eye to top of zip (grudgingly)
On to the top! which I have no further full photo's of ... oops...
anyway the pattern is Simplicity 2599 which I think everyone and their dog has made. It went together easily and I will probably make a couple more as it's a good wardrobe basic.
I made this top entirely out of scraps, the blue is from the skirt above, the yellow is from the 1994 dress and the white is the remnants of some cotton poplin that I've been using for lining/underlining
considering I 'eyeballed' rather than measured the fabric I was pretty pleased when everything lined up!
also, should I ever have my own country, this will be my flag