Sunday, 23 September 2012

A Me-Made Re-Made

1st things 1st - Thank you for your comments on my last post, they really mean a lot to me, and reminded me how much genuine kindness there is in the world.

Now onto some sewing, which is what I am supposed to be writing about -

Last year I made a dress out of some navy blue jersey, I loved it, it got warn and washed every week, also it was made pre overlocker so the insides were a mess and the armpit seams had gone so whenever i wore it i would keep my arms clamped down by my sides

Picture evidence of the before:

ohhh such a blurry pic, my apologies...    




poorly armpit seam

























After much searching of scraps and working my overlocker exceptionally hard this is what i ended up with -

another sub standard photo :(

And a picture of the guts







I'm so lazy, I really should have changed my overlocker thread from white but never mind.


That's it for now, I have been getting back to grips with my sewing, I have a lot of recently unblogged items which I will post about as soon as my unwilling photographer gets back ( I have broken my tripod, so self-portraits are practically impossible, I guess I know what I will be getting for Christmas though) Also I am needing to make a few things for college, so expect to be seeing some pencil cases and whatnot in the near future.

Rachel-Lou


















9 comments:

  1. Ooh, I love the upgraded version :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waw, that dress looks amazing! You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, looks incredible! :) lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your dress a lot. The colours match perfectly.
    Siebensachen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I would have never have guessed I had such colour coordinated scraps before i started making this!

      Delete
  5. Wow, so impressive! Me and my serger are not always friends :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been very lucky with mine, I think he needs a new blade now though, some of the edges on that dress are a bit unevenly chomped

      Delete
  6. I am sitting here with my jaw hanging open. I love what you did. It's perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This dress is lovely. I never would have thought to reconstruct old knitwear like this, but this is so stylish. By the way, thanks for your comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete